EURION: European Cluster to Improve Identification of Endocrine Disruptors
In order to optimize synergies and avoid overlaps between the projects selected for funding from the call SC1-BHC-27-2018 ‘New testing and screening methods to identify endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs)’, it was decided the projects would form a cluster. The EURION Cluster Group was launched on 1st January 2019.
The EURION Cluster is made up of eight research projects funded by the EU Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme and is the largest public funding of this type of research in Europe.
€50 Million, 8 Projects, 5 Years
Each project is focusing on a different aspect of new testing and screening methods identifying EDCs. Being part of this cluster group the projects will allow the projects to optimise synergies and avoid overlaps, sharing expertise to maximize EURION’s impact.
Currently the EURION Cluster is coordinated by ATHENA – Brunel University London (United Kingdom) & SCREENED – Maastricht University (Netherlands).
To optimise synergies and maximise the output of the eight projects.
- Improved hazard and risk assessment of EDs, including in the workplace;
- Novel ED assay candidates for regulatory use;
- Support for the OECD work on testing and assessing chemicals for ED identification;
- Enhanced international cooperation;
- Contribution to the development of an international strategy and guidelines for testing EDs and assessing associated hazard and risk.